Packaging: Compliance management
ENVIRON provides a full range of services to enable your company to comply with its packaging recycling obligations in EU Member States. For example, in many EU Member States, ENVIRON recommends that companies should join a packaging compliance scheme in countries where they will have a legal obligation for compliance. ENVIRON can join a packaging compliance scheme on your behalf in each EU Member State, calculate your company packaging compliance obligation in each Member State and carry out all packaging compliance reporting (including payment of necessary annual compliance scheme fees) in each Member State.
Review of company compliance with packaging recycling obligations in EU Member States
ENVIRON works with your company offices in EU Member States to identify:
- Whether the office has already joined an approved packaging compliance scheme in that Member State; and if not
- To identify appropriate packaging compliance schemes
If your company office has already joined a packaging compliance scheme in that Member State, ENVIRON will identify
- How the office calculates the weight of packaging which it is obligated to report to the packaging compliance scheme in that Member State (for payment of the appropriate packaging recycling fees). In particular, we will assess whether any assumptions which are made by the office are reasonable, and whether they are likely to lead to under-reporting of the packaging obligation (which would mean the office is non-compliant) or over-reporting of packaging obligation (which is preferable, as generally the packaging recycling fees are low in most countries).
- How the company in a particular EU Member State carries out reporting of their packaging compliance obligations to the appropriate packaging compliance schemes.
ENVIRON summarises its findings in a comprehensive report which identifies any compliance gaps and also provides recommended improvement actions.
Management of calculation and reporting of packaging compliance obligation
ENVIRON uses information gathered during its compliance reviews to take on the responsibility for calculating your company packaging obligation in each Member State each year and to carry out the reporting of the packaging obligation to packaging compliance schemes in each EU Member State
- Contacts your company sales office in each Member State each year and gathers the necessary information for ENVIRON to update the packaging obligation calculation for that year; and
- Reports the packaging obligation to the packaging compliance scheme in that Member State and pay the appropriate packaging recycling fees to the compliance scheme on your behalf (ENVIRON will charge the packaging recycling fees to you at cost)